Monday, January 02, 2006

One Last Holiday Treat

This is my Niko. Of course he would have a balloon bicycle hat on his head! We had a fabulous family day at the Vancouver Aquarium
The hat is courtesy of Arty the Balloon Guy. Niko wore it on our walk around Stanley Park...there was no missing him!
As dusk settled on the city we arrived at the miniature train. The area was ablaze with Christmas lights. One last chance to celebrate Christmas! We ate roasted chestnuts and took a ride on the train. We had to wait a couple of turns and ended up at the very front of the line--the kids picked the seats right behind the engineer and we had 15 minutes of bliss: Christmas carols, Christmas lights, ornaments, statues ( including the White Witch in her sleigh) and excited joyful children.
Tomorrow it is back to the familiar and very busy routine: kids to school, coffee to drink, toddler to chase after, diapers to wash, chores to attempt, me to work (night shift--ugh!), but tomorrow also starts a new and precious routine--Tuesday Night Vespers at UBC. What a joy, what a gift!

4 comments:

Texas Matushka (who currently lives in PA) said...

Sophia loved the pic of Niko!
Happy chasing.

myn said...

Stanley Park is magic at Christmas!

I will be with you in spirit tonite...I have a "date" with my little sister that can't be rescheduled. I will be there next week...God willing!

myn said...

Stanley Park is magical at Christmas!!

I will be with you in spirit tonite...I have a date with my little sister that can't be rescheduled. I am so excited to be able to attend vespers reguarily...I will be there next week...God willing.

thomasw said...

sounds like you guys had a good time. glad for you. hope that vespers is wonderful. too.